Saturday, November 24, 2012

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving day, I am very thankful for having a great family.
The day went well as we all gathered at my parents house for the big dinner.
My two brothers and I all made a small turkey each, a little turkey competition.
Mine turned out quite good,  I made it as I have been doing for the last few years in my fathers old wood burning heater out in his barn.  It was made with an orange-honey-butter sauce and a homemade stuffing. 
After the big meal when we returned home I washed it down with a few infusions of 
2010 Guafengzhai from PuerhShop.
It brews up a very nice strong tea, and settled the heavy meal well. This tea is one of my favorites, as it is very savory with just the right amount of bitterness and a bit smoky in the first brews. Better than many of the extra expensive new cakes from the same area.
Thanks to all of you for reading.
I will try to get back on the blog more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment