Friday, November 30, 2012

1999 Fuhai Yiwu Yesheng

Sometimes you drink a tea with a tear in your eye, 
this is almost the case of my session today. 
The one traditional stored sheng that I really enjoyed a sample of, 
but when I finally went to order a cake, it had vanished.
This is the last little chunk of 99' Fuhai Yiwu I had tucked away in my cabinet airing out for about a year now. 
As I remember the initial sent and flavor it was a bit wet tasting, as it came from EOT.  But this was the one sample that I did really enjoy from them as after the initial steeps it became a very good tatsing tea with some complexity and good chi, and decent price, and so I wanted at least a cake.
The wetness has mostly subsided now, leaving a very enticing leather and spice aroma to the dry leaf.
The chunk is very dark and aging well.
After a quick rinse the leaf still emanates a slight humid sent but quite subsided.
The first infusions are actually very good now, bringing a full leathery, mushroom, and grain flavor, with a very spicy and lively mouthfeel. I sit in meditation, close my eyes and breath deep, collecting the chi and just letting go of the stress. 
As I open my eyes I feel renewed and calm, after only two infusions.
The infusions continue on, building a very serene sense of being. I am not sad that this was my last little chunk of this very good tea, I am quite happy as it is just what I needed at this precise moment, at least had the chance to enjoy it. 
It gave me a very good session today that was very needed.
I bow to you, good tea.

Here is another bonsai that I ahve been training for quite some time now.
It is a siberian elm, which is an air layer from a large branch from a big tree.
This one will be ready for show maybe this next year, and I have just the right pot for it now.
Sorry bad lighting on the pic.
Siberian Elm informal upright




2 comments:

  1. Breathtaking bonsai.

    I am curious to know how one begins the road of bonsai. Is there a way to start on one's own? Or is it necessary to have a teacher...

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M. Handler , I know it has been a while since this comment. I started bonsai on my own. I have only taken maybe two or three classes in my time. I began by reading all the books and websites about bonsai I could find. Then found the Midwest Bonsai Society and went to all the meetings, this is where I made a few good friends who have been training bonsai for a long time. I asked questions and just really learned the basics from them. I have always been involved in art, and my father owned a nursery, so I know how to care for trees. After a few years I was accepted as a bonsai volunteer at Chicago Botanic Garden, and learned a few things from the master there by watching him.

    So you do not need a master or teacher, you just need to start and be open minded. You will kill some bonsai when you start. SO DONT BUY AN EXPENSIVE REALLY NICE TREE WHEN YOU START, YOU WILL KILL IT IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO CARE FOR IT. The best thing I recommend is to get something cheap and join a local bonsai club and ask questions, most will be happy to help you. Just be aware that everyone has there own way of doing things, You will find your way.

    Remember If a tree makes you feel good it is a good tree, no matter what someone else thinks of it.

    ReplyDelete