Friday, September 28, 2012

Cure All Miracle Elixir

As fall is in the air, and the temperatures are constantly rising and falling you cant help but to catch a cold.
So step right up I have here the best cure all miracle elixir of our time chock full of antioxidants!
And it tastes good too!

TEA!

As may people around at work and just anywhere are sniffling and coughing already.
 I have noticed for the past few years by drinking tea everyday that I have been almost immune to the recurring cold I once had every change of season. I have to say I cant think of any other reason for this change, it has to be the tea. Even my wife and son have not gotten sick as much as before, as my son also gets his daily dose of whatever I am drinking, my wife only 2-3 times a week but it has also helped her. 
Now when I do start to feel a cold or sniffles coming I just let a strong young sheng infuse far a few minutes coupled with a good homemade chicken soup and some chi kung, and by the end of the day I will feel much better.
Has anyone else noticed this?

 I have read many different articles and books with many contradictions on the health benefits of tea, with every different type of tea also benefiting different areas of our health. Some even say tea is bad for you.
I myself have lost some weight, and just feel much more healthy and energized.
 I dont drink any coffee at all and never have,  as I just cannot stand the smell and taste. 
Just water and tea for me.

Fall colors starting to show on some bonsai and accent plants.
accent
trident maple cascade shohin

trident maple

japanese mountain maple




3 comments:

  1. Interestingly enough, last winter I started to get the sniffles. I hit some sencha hard, and the cold stayed at bay. I've noticed a lot less post-nasal drip since starting to regularly drink tea, and that is definitely a good thing.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Centranthus I am glad you have had a positive health benefit from tea also, I believe tea to be a very healthy. I have found the most bitter sheng to be the best.

    Ira, thanks, it is one of my favorites. It has been in training from a cutting for about 7 or 8 years now. I will post another pic of it later in the season when the leaf color gets really nice. The pot is a bit big for training purpose, I have a very nice plan for this one just letting the roots lengthen a bit.

    ReplyDelete